Thursday, November 30, 2006

I need to brush up on my languages

Apparently my 'celebrity' status has rocketed into 'internationally known'. Last night at 1:30 am I received some international phone number. At least I'm assuming the long string of numbers and odd time means it is international.I didn't answer it, just shoved my phone into a drawer because I knew what would happen. Sure enough, two more calls quickly followed. When I checked this morning there were two messages. The first is a guy waiting and saying "hello" a couple of times. The second is a long message in what sounds like an Arabic language.

This happened last week also. However, the number was different and I answered it. It was actually the same thing. The first time the guy just said "hello" three or four times after a pause and seemed not to hear me. The second time the guys was saying something in what sounded like Chinese or Japanese. Of course when I'm woken from a sound sleep all foreign languages sound vaguely alike, so it could have also been something Arabic.

The new bedroom set is great, except for the fact that it is trying to maim Husband and me. The foot board just sticks out and up further than we are used to. So you go to walk around the end of the bed and ram your thigh right into it. My adoring Husband has done this once, I have done it twice. I think the second time is worse because I hit the exact same spot where there is a nice purple bruise swelling up.

In other news, it truly bothered me last week seeing people putting up Christmas decorations while wearing shorts. This is Ohio and I don't care if it is 65 degrees, it is just wrong to put up decorations in shorts!

I will deeply regret that next week, and likely even tomorrow when the temperature drops.

On the upside, there is snow predicted! I doubt that it will stick or accumulate, but I just love snow. I do not like the cold though. And I know most of you are probably thinking mean thoughts because you hate the snow and all that entails. Well, tough. When the snow comes you will find me jumping around the apartment like a giddy school girl that just got a pony.

Ok, this is what I would consider a more difficult screen shot just because it was on when I was a kid and no one else I know has ever mentioned it. However there are a couple of pretty good clues in the picture itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just guessing, wierd science?
I love that crazy 80s song!

Mandy

Hugs said...

Nope, not weird science, but good guess. And it is from the early 80s

Rob said...

OK, again sorry for the terribly late post, but I can't believe nobody chimed in with Misfits of Science!?! Not only is it ON the guy's shirt, but it was one of those awesome awesome shows on Friday nights back in about 2nd grade! The big guy who shrinks, the dude who shoots lightning or something, the telekinetic girl, it was like X-Men for the lame mainstream of the time!