Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hugs, Illustrated

So here is what I spent the noon hour doing today.


This was actually much more difficult than it looks. Especially without my fabulously tall spouse. I had put some of this garland up over the weekend, but it was half-hearted and slumped by the next morning. So today I went out armed with a hammer and nails. Then I had to lay four garlands out because they were all different lengths and find the two long ones. And due to the lack of spousal height, I had to bring out a chair and then had to wear my Birkenstocks so I could kick them off every time I stepped on the chair. I'm sure the neighbors were entertained. It looks really pretty with the lights on it though!

And because Dandy asked, here are picutres of our new bedroom set.



Huge! And still very Orange! But I do like all of the space in my dresser.

And for those of you who read my manly husband's blog, here is the Flying Monkey meeting Min and Ainsley.




Min totally freaked out and tried to kill Flying Monkey. Ainsley, being more used to these hijinks, simply glared and then curled up and went to sleep with her new friend.

As for the last ScreenCap, Hubby's officemate figured it out by following the clues. The show is Misfits of Science, on tv when I was in 2nd grade. I don't remember much of it except that this is where my super hero obsession began. I think it was Courtney Cox's character (who I didn't realize was in it until I got the picture) was telekinetic and my mom explained how it was moving things with your mind. I sat at the dining room table for at least 25 minutes staring at a pen willing it to move. I gave up on have tk power pretty quick, but I'm still confident that something else will develop. I'm well past the age of getting Slayer powers, but I did have a serious case of precognition the other day. I'll let you know if it develops into anything.

And so here is today's screencap. Much easier, I know someone will get this pretty quick.


note to self: to make illustrated blogs easier, load pictures then type

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WKRP in Cincinna-teeeee.

C

Anonymous said...

Johnny Fever is the man!

Hugs said...

I know such smart friends!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome post Amanda!
I enjoyed the pics. Min looks really big now! It was fun to see the monkey in action.

I liked that furniture especially the bed, it looks like it came with lots of pieces. I thought it was more natural wood than "orange".

I never really liked WKRP except that I felt cool knowing I had actually been to Cinci.

Can't wait for New Year's!
Mandy