Wednesday, December 13, 2006

No accents here, buddy

What American Accent Do You Have?



















I've always wondered about my accent since I grew up in small town mid-Ohio, lived in northern Ohio for about 8 years then moved to southern Ohio. I heard a segment on NPR once from some smart people at OSU studying accents and they said Ohio really varies from the northern to southern section.

There was a bunch of code next to my results, but I haven't figured out how to use it here, so I copied and pasted my results above. If anyone knows what I should do with this code, please leave me a comment.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
The Northeast
Philadelphia
Boston
The West
The South
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

2 comments:

Hugs said...

Ooooohhhhh, the code works!!! Except the bars didn't come out very well at all. Sorry about the goof there!

Julie said...

So it looks like you figured out the code. You just have to switch to html mode in your posting window and paste it in as html. When you switch back and do "preview" it should work.

I'm guessing I have no accent, although Rob makes fun of me for the way I pronounce a LOT of words.