Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas! (belated)

I hope everyone has had a great holiday and all of your Christmas wishes have come true!

My holiday is great, but flying by. My Mother-in-Law is visiting and we went to her brother's house for the big day. Very fun. Hubby's cousins got Guitar Hero 2, which is an awesome game.

We got back yesterday and hung out. Last night we played Monopoly. But not any Monopoly.... Star Wars Episode 1 Monopoly. The board comes with this plastic edge for the property cards and apartment buildings to fit into. I lost horribly due to the yellow and red properties that I did not own. I referred to it as 'the Guantlet' and made it through a couple of times with no hits, but then hit both on one turn.


We own at least 4 versions of Star Wars version games - 2 different Star Wars Monopolies, Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Battleship. The Trivial Pursuit is rarely played and Hubby is always the overwhelming winner.

I am in the mood to add to our board game collection. I love Apples to Apples and Cranium, but they are only fun with five or more people. So I'm thinking I might splurge on SceneIt, probably the TV version or the Friends version. I saw a Marvel Comics version, but no one would want to play that with me.

And for anyone interested, our NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY is still a go! Hope to see you there :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is correct. No one in this house would want to play a comic book trivial pursuit with you. Or a buffy the vampire slayer trivial pursuit either. My only two answers on the latter game would be "Willow was in American Pie" and "Zander". Or is it Xander?

Love you

C

Rob said...

I would SO kick your butt in a Marvel Comics Sceneit contest. At least, I think I would... No, I definitely would, since I've been reading the Official Marvel Handbook comics, A-Z (granted they're from 1984, but whatever).