Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Let's do this again next year

My husband, Chicks, had this crazy idea to have a New Year's party. At first I was hesitant due to various issues like the pressure of making it a good party. But we had a good number of people show up and most had a great time. The theme was "Bring your own six pack of something unique to share" which went over very well. Chicks again had the brilliant idea to tape the holders to the wall so our guests could see the selections. We did have a great variety, though there was panic when people saw two containers of Trader Joe's Winterfest taped up. But one of them was filled with several different beers, so chaos was avoided. Also, it was widely agreed that the Berry Weiz beer was foul and people were actually sneaking off the the bathroom to pour it down the drain.

To be original and funny, at least I thought it was funny, one person even brought a six pack of peach mango applesauce. After most of the guests left and there was little beer left, my Brother (TooTall), Dandy's husband (Schemer) and Chicks drank them as shots.


Overall, there was little damage. We had to take plastic off the windows because at 50 degrees outside and we weren't about to turn on the air conditioner. There were three party fouls, all easily cleaned. TooTall and I were the darts champs. And the Spouses of Lehman Alumnus Club was officially begun.

Although I will forever think of Macaroni Grill as Macaroni Penguin Grill, not that I'm saying anything about the meat there. I just found out that there are such things as Macaroni Penguins and one of my friends thought that was where the name came from.

And I saved the best for last - Chicks and I might get to meet Robert Jordan! Granted it is a slim but still realistic possibility. I was sitting talking with my friend Sean about our cats' names. The second one is Min which I explained was a character from the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan and Sean says "Oh yeah, he's related to Elizabeth" (his fiancee). I said something along the way of "You're joking, shut up" and he said "Wanna bet" and stuck his hand out. I just knocked him out of the way and went screeching through the apartment for Elizabeth. I asked her if it was true and she said yeah and was about to explain when I left her standing there and went screeching again for Chicks. I then dragged him back to Elizabeth and told him. I think we scared her a little. It turns out that her mother's cousin is Harriet and is married to R.J. So depending on where the wedding is and R.J.'s health, he'll be there! But of course we'll be going to celebrate the wedding of a near and dear friend, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the wedding site is planned for DC, but the backup site is RJ's house in Charleston, SC. So I think we need to email the engaged couple and convince them to have it at his house. We've got to hold some sort of sway in this decision.

Chicks