Wednesday, January 10, 2007

But who will make sure the cats get their naps?


So, its time for the Happy Snoopy Dance!

I am an employed math teacher! And not a sub, but a real teacher!

Last Thursday I went and applied and was put in one school system as a substitute teacher. I even had an ID tag complete with picture made up (note to self: call and quit). Then Friday afternoon I received a call from another school checking on if I was still available. They called Sunday and I had an interview on Monday. Today I went in and talked to the principal. I got the job and start teaching on Tuesday!

It's a Catholic high school. I will be teaching 4 math classes, have 2 study halls as well as lunch and planning period. I was warned that the students in the classes need some discipline and I should start out by keeping my thumb on them. (note to self: don't smile until March). I'll go in Friday at noon to do more paperwork and Monday is an in-service day (not a 3 day weekend after all).

Yeah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! Go you!

husband.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, congratulations and good luck! AND you don't have to wait long in anticipation, that should be nice!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!! Congratulations! What a great excuse to let me take you out for a drink or two. Let me know if you guys are free this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Sergey

Anonymous said...

Yes Hugs. I hope you like your new job alot too!

Sergey