Sunday, January 14, 2007

Things I Don't Usually See

1) A baby in a bar (a la the movie Sweet Home Alabama). Granted, there was no smoking in the pub we were at. But still, after 9 there should be an age limit enforced.

2) A man in church with an extra pair of underwear hanging out of his back pocket. At first I thought I must need new contacts, but then I realized I could read 'fruit of the loom'. Fortunately the lady behind him alerted him to this right away. I think they might have been for his son.

3) A little background first. I'm very nosy and am always looking out the window at what the neighbors are doing. The other day an ambulance pulled in, so I had to go look. There was no lights or sirens. When the medics jumped out, they didn't seem in any particular hurry. They pull out a gurney and start to walk and I think 'gee, don't those usually have wheels? Then I realize they are carrying a kayak. Then a guy jumps out wearing only a towel. He's carrying his clothes and even walking barefoot. The medics put down the kayak in the yard and towel boy runs to the door to realize its locked. He runs back to the ambulance and the next time I look out he's at his door with another towel around his shoulders and unlocking the door.

Usually I come up with little stories about these things. My darling husband has heard many conspiracy theories from me. However kayaking in January and having to be brought home by an ambulance is theory enough.

Tomorrow is my first day - teacher inservice. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: