Monday, December 11, 2006

And in other news

Fashion News: Apparently this season, short nails with a dark red/purple color are in. And since nail polish is cheap and not an investment that will plummet to the depths of my closet (such as gauchos), I figured I would try it. And it looks good! I am in fashion! Of course, there is always the backlash. My backlash was last night while Hubby and I were putting up plastic on the windows and I had the darnedest time trying to get the backing off of the double sided tape. Stupid short nail fashions.....

Music News: My amazingly talented husband does the best cover of "SexyBack". I'm telling you, he has a knack. And he's only heard about a ten second clip of the song. And the dancing, oooooooh the dancing.

Literary News: I have been reading the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, so far the first two. I like them, they are funny and zany. I did however spend most of the first book exclaiming to Hubby about how moronic it was to just keep lying and spending money. I think it was mostly jealousy because I don't know half of the designers that are mentioned and I am somehow missing out because I don't understand the joy that a Denny and George scarf can bring me. The third book is apparently about her wedding, so I'm sure more mayhem will ensue.

Holiday News: I swear, the Christmas tree is going up tonight! And I'll do more shopping this week. But NOT this weekend, because just trying to drive by the mall is nuts.

Cooking News: Last night I made chili. This is the only food I have ever made without a recipe. I am usually absolutely paranoid about measuring and times and all that jazz. But that marvelous man I call mine taught me how to make chili and how to improvise. I throw stuff in, I shake the seasonings until I'm content, I look at how soupy it is rather than the time on the clock! And! It's edible! The Jiffy Corn Muffins I measure and timed to a tee though.

No comments: