Monday, December 18, 2006

Well, here we are again

I'm at home and hubby up and leaves me the week before Christmas to travel for his job. That's ok though, because it is not a regular thing, like him leaving all week for four months. And it is worth it because he likes his job and his job seems to like him. People have even been complimenting his work!

My job situation on the other hand is still looking sad. My tutoring job is ok. I get one or two students an hour (soon to be three students) and just follow the prearranged outline. But I have to say that I am really missing teaching. I want my own classroom and my own students and to work with great teachers. I checked and the one math teacher position that was open was filled. And the library position was also filled. As a side not, way too many of you commented about how I would be perfect in a library. Why did no one mention this when I was in college?

So, I am looking into substitute teaching. I called one district today and a lady took my name and said she was going to pull my file and 'call me back in a few minutes.' She seemed pretty excited that I had a teaching license. Well, two hours later I called to check and this lady left for the day. Hm......

A big thank you to Ikkin for inviting me along to see the Nutcracker. I have never seen it, except for brief glimpses on PBS. I absolutely LOVED it, the scenery, the costumes, the music, the dancing.... I would love to take dance classes again, but have been to lazy to look up adult beginners dance in the area. Although I did see a ballroom dancing studio! And it's good excercise!

No comments: