Friday, November 03, 2006

To sell or not to sell


Well, this housewife thing is going well but I feel like I need to contribute more. My days are great as they consist of going to the gym, cleaning up the toilet paper Min unrolled, seeing what Dr. Phil has to say and doing some cleaning and cooking. I am now organizing my school books and supplies. It's been a mess because I kept digging through them to get something I needed for school, but I couldn't bring it all to school because of the construction and lack of shelves, cabinents, etc. Stupid job. Have I mentioned how happy I am that I quit? So anyway, mess. Chicks has held up like a champ and not bugged me about it, but I know its secretly annoying the daylights out of him.

So to get out of the house I went to get a facial from Mary Kay people. Then I went again. And of course I bought facial cleansers. And then they want me to join in the fun. And I almost did. It sounds like a good deal and I wouldn't be out to make a ton of money. But I'm not a salesperson and I don't wear make-up often. SOoooooo, comments on your thoughts are appreciated.

If anyone is reading the comments from my first post, I am so glad I got my own blog so I can post as many My Little Pony pictures as I want. But Chicks, aka my loving husband, would rather I put in pictures of Care Bears. So this is for you handsome!

PSA: Don't forget to vote next Tuesday. And be sure to check out the issues before you vote so you know what you are voting for!

For those who just need to know: how did Hugs become my nickname? From Bart Simpson! It started as 'Amanda Hug n Kiss' (from one of the scenes where Bart calls Moe's Tavern). Then it slowly was shortened to just 'Hugs'. You should see some people's expressions when they hear me called that for the first time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Hugs!

I'm glad you have your own blog finally.

I agree about the voting (right Emily?). I do have to read up more on the issues.

You don't know if you're a good salesperson until you try doing it. Who knows? That could be one of your other untapped talents.

-The Uke-

Julie said...

All the pink. The Care Bears. The Special Pony Square. All the joys that wouldn't fly over on the Chicks site. Not that I don't love the Chicks site, but this is so Amanda. I'm so glad we get to see both of you.

Julie said...

Oh, right, and about the sales thing. If you aren't a big user it may be hard to sell effectively. Not sure. I'm not sure how those things work as far as your investment in time and materials, but if you do go for it you can do a sales pitch or three on me and I'll nod eagerly and then buy the cheapest thing in the catalog. That's how I roll.