Monday, November 06, 2006

Painting by numbers



So here is a less pink and fuzzy picture for you, faithful viewers. I loved Thundercats as a kid. Each day either I or one of my siblings got to pick a show to watch. My sister wanted to watch Scooby Doo, but I always tried to talk her into watching Thundercats. It didn't usually work.

So I had a fabulous weekend. My friend Sarah visited on Saturday. We went to Panera Bread for lunch where I scarfed down broccoli cheddar soup. I'm telling you, I would have loved vegetables as a child if only my parents had this soup.

Then we went to Marcy's Clayground to paint pottery. I had so many ideas that within five minutes I had SIX different things sitting on the table to paint. Sarah honestly spent an hour and a half trying to figure out what she wanted to do. One of the most creative people I know was stumped. But we eventually sat painting in front of the fireplace and enjoying hot chocolate. I only finished two of my pieces. I was going to get a picture, but since they are Christmas gifts I shouldn't ruin the surprise. Maybe after the holidays I will post pictures. Because I did a kick butt job! Of course Sarah's tile was better, darn her!

That night Sarah, Chicks514 and I went to Tiffin to see Dandy Mandy in Suessical the Musical. She kicked butt and was definitely the best part of the cast!

Well, I have a mess of papers covering the living room floor, so I should take care of the before my beloved spouse comes home and has kittens. Because I can't handle more cats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, you'd want more if you got to pick them out at the shelter!

Chicks

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Amanda!!! I wish mine was as nice as yours! It cheers me up just looking at it! Wish I had been there to paint pottery with you!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud. Literally. My roommate was like "What's your problem?" Was it seriously an hour and a half? Your "gifts" are way cooler!