Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Current Events

Here is a numbered list of current events and thoughts:

1) Since no one has commented, I guess I am the most famous. I would like to add I also belong to the church where George Clooney went to grade school. I know, I'm just the ultimate in cool.

2) The picture was from Red Sonya. Husband got it right, so I know I married well.

3) I make awesome apple pies. Honestly, the best pies of all of the Thanksgiving pies I tried. Some might disagree, but that is because they were afraid of the dried cranberries I put in. And honestly, you couldn't taste them! Babies.

4) I make awesome Ham-Asparagus Strata. I don't even know what Strata is, but I rock at making it.

5) I make horrible gumbo. Husband even threw the leftovers out. And anyone who knows him can imagine how bad that must taste to make him through it away.

6) I am employed! Its part-time after school tutoring, so it won't interrupt quality Dr. Phil time.

7) I am hoping to get a sewing machine for Christmas. And when I do, I am going to make skirts like The Pink Shoe does. I don't know her, but I aspire to her domestic-diva-ness.

8) Husband and I are getting a new bedroom set tomorrow. We already bought the mattress set, which he told you about in his blog. This means random shopping for sheets and a new comforter. Of course this is also due to the sneaking suspicion that I am allergic to down. What tipped me off to this? Why, waking up every morning sneezing and using 10 tissues! Of course it could also be the lack of dusting and sweeping...

9) No screen shot today just because I just realized the time and have to get ready for work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comments on items as numbered in the original post:

3. Yes the pie was just grand! I can't believe how sissified some people are when it comes to cranberries. What did they think was going to happen to them? Maybe they thought of the cherry scene in the movie "The Witches of Eastwick" and thought cranberries are just like that?

4. You have no control data to compare to, so let's hold off on the awards. Although it was very good!

5. OMG it was gross.

6. Oh no, not Dr. Phil.

7. Since you won't let me buy any black jeans, does this mean you'll sew me some?

8. Lack of dusting and sweeping! Pish posh! Dusting and sweeping is for the birds!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Comments on items as numbered in the original post:

3. Yes the pie was just grand! I can't believe how sissified some people are when it comes to cranberries. What did they think was going to happen to them? Maybe they thought of the cherry scene in the movie "The Witches of Eastwick" and thought cranberries are just like that?

4. You have no control data to compare to, so let's hold off on the awards. Although it was very good!

5. OMG it was gross.

6. Oh no, not Dr. Phil.

7. Since you won't let me buy any black jeans, does this mean you'll sew me some?

8. Lack of dusting and sweeping! Pish posh! Dusting and sweeping is for the birds!

Love you!!

Marcia said...

a) I've been meaning to make Gumbo. But now I'm scared - my husband could throw mine out, too.

b) I made a apple pie with a cranberry jelly at the bottom for t-day. It was awesome.

c) Send me the recipe for your ham-asparagus strata? (And, um, I don't really know what a strata is, either, but I have vague thoughts of a layered dish with a deliciously bad for you cream sauce.)

d) I'm so glad you like the skirts! When you do start making them, tell me, and I'll give you pointers.