Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He lives in the WOODPILE behind the SHED

That title is much funnier if you imagine Chris Farley saying it.

Back in the day I mentioned rabbits acting funny. Dandy mentioned that she thought it was a mating thing. Lo and behold we have a cuddly baby bunny in our back yard. I think it's adorable. Chris wonders where the hawk is.

Today was my second day of teaching. So far, so good - all four students returned! I think the students will be great, it's the classroom that is the problem. There are two small chalkboards up front. One is nice, the other old and scratched up. The nice one is magnetic and the regular teacher used it by putting flashcards (with magnets glued to the back) all over it. She also placed the alphabet to hang over the old board. Soooooo, where am I supposed to write all of my fancy math equations (ok, we're actually only working on expressions right now) (and I wonder how many of you know the difference or care) (I know at least one person does)? So today I neatly took down half of the cards and placed them on the table.

This problem would be easily solved if they would only splurge on a SmartBoard. And if I worked full time, had a full class load and more students than I could count on one hand, well then I'd bring it up with the head honcho. For now, I guess I'll just make due.

PS My birthday is coming up and if anyone wins the lottery, you can buy me a SmartBoard. And a TI-84 Plus Silver in pink. Ha!

No comments: