Sunday, August 03, 2008

Five Year Plan - Check!

Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our five year anniversary. Yowza! My sister was great enough to visit and babysit while we went out for dinner and a movie.

Dinner was at P.F. Chang's. It's a sign of our relationship that I was the one to suggest Chinese food as opposed to when we first met and I refused to try any. All thanks to that handsome man of mine. I had Orange Peel Chicken, which was fabulous though lacking in vegetables (another sign of Chris's influence). Chris tried Moo Goo Gai Pan, which even I thought tasted bland. I also tried a Pink Bellini. I was all excited because I have loved bellini drinks in the past. They would have champagne and pear juice and would be a nice frozen drink. I must not have read the description very well, or else took creative license with the description. It came out as a tall, narrow glass of pink liquid. It was a little sour but, wow, did it pack a punch.

So we sat and chatted. On our anniversary, Chris likes to think "What were we doing right now five years ago." We discussed the apartments we lived in since then (oh the stories from that first apartment). And we basically enjoyed being out on a Saturday night by our selves.

Afterwards we headed to the movies to see The Dark Knight. When we went to buy the tickets I saw that there were six different rooms showing it. One was the Imax. Four were normal. The last, which was at the time we wanted tickets, had the letters 'AV' after it on the listing. I was curious what it meant. So I asked (and Chris rolled his eyes). Hey, I wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into anything weird. Like the movie time reserved for people who like to come in costume.

Well, the girl behind the counter didn't know. Actually she 'didn't remember.' So she had to turn off her mike and turn to the guy behind her to ask. Sadly, she had to interrupt his air guitar routine. And the answer was, shockingly enough, 'Audio-Visual'. I was confused by this because it seemed to me that all of the movies would be both audio and visual. But I refrained from asking because Chris was giving me the hairy eyeball. So my running theory is that we saw the non-digital version of the movie. And, quite frankly, the digital version of Two-Face might have been too much for me.

Afterward we grabbed quick decaf drinks and headed home. And by golly, we didn't get home until after 11!

No comments: