Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There's no singing here

If you know me, you should know I'm a pretty big fan of Joss Whedon. You know, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, comic books.... heck he even helped with Toy Story. Well, during the writers' strike he and some others wrote a small musical that was to be released on the internet called Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

So I eagerly anticipated this. It was released in three acts during one week. Well, when I tried to watch it I was told "This video is not available at this site." Aggravation! I assumed that the site was so overwhelmed that it broke. A couple of days later I tried again. Same thing! Argh! Then we went camping for a weekend. I came back determined to figure it out. And they had already taken it down! Oh, I can buy it through iTunes (which I don't have). Or I can wait for it to come out on DVD. So guess what is going on my freakin' birthday wish list.

(I think I can get most of it on youtube, but not act by act. And I don't want to ruin the experience).

But Joss does have a new show coming out in the fall called Dollhouse. :)

ETA: HOLD THE PHONE - I just found out They have made Dr. Horrible available again here. And I fighting the urge to skip like a giddy little girl. Because I should be a good role model for Xander.

1 comment:

Dandysue said...

He has also directed several episodes of "The Office"! So I like him too, I'll check your link out.