Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh My!

I was going to log on and blog about Sock Wars (like the war game in college, but with yarn) and how I heart my bread maker but Ainsley Was Almost Eaten! SERIOUSLY! Carried away to never be seen again! I know I use to many exclamation points, but it is entirely necessary to convey my point here!

I just put all of the ingredients for Cheesy Potato Bread in the bread maker and was about to plug it in when I heard a bang from the back room. It was very reminiscent of when a bird ran into the window and died. So I thought 'oh, nuts' and headed back there, just in time to see through the back door a big bird swoop away to a nearby tree. And I see it's the hawk (I'm assuming hawk, but some large hunting bird) land in the tree in the back yard.

I saw this hawk a couple of weeks ago perched on the fence just hanging out, it flew away when I tried to get a picture for Chris, who is highly fascinated by the hawks we see when driving. So I try to get a picture this time, but the camera went fritzy again and it didn't turn out well. Then it flew away.

Then it clicks that the hawk flew into the window and Ainsley is back there. So I walk back and Ainsley is curled up on top of the love seat by the window. And right above her on the window are a couple of smears where a hawk hit the window.

Poor Ainsley has no clue she was nearly swooped away. I'll still give her a couple of kitty treats though.

PS - any suggestions on how to shrink the giant picture would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hawk = freaky!

Bread = yummy!

Photo = depends on what you're doing to get it up there (assuming you mean the giant pic of your cutie??) What I do is upload mine to flickr and then pick a size I like and then use that as my photo in my title on layout. And within that code are "height" and "width" and you can tinker as needed.