Friday, October 01, 2010

For me? I shouldn't have!

In the house where we are living, the kitchen has these nice greenhouse windows. I'll show them to you sometime when I give you a 'tour'. I considered buying some herbs to grow in the windows and then I'd always have fresh herbs when I cook. Back home I can't do that because of the cats. But if I did that here, would I even use the herbs? And what would I do with them when we move back?

Instead, I decided that I will just always have fresh cut flowers in the window. Chris grabbed a bouquet when we went grocery shopping the first week here. Some of the flowers died after a few days, but the rest lasted nearly three weeks.

While I was out today I decided to pick up some gerber daises. I love these flowers. They are so big and so bold. I tried growing some in flower pots back home but they never flourished.


There is something about having flowers around the house that just always makes me smile. I used to have a hang up about having Chris get me flowers, but I've gotten over that. If I want flowers, then I'll just get them myself. Although, Chris is always welcome to bring home some for me.

No comments: