Thursday, October 28, 2010

Because One Person Asked

Here it is in all of it's orange-y glory!



So far I've made peanut butter cookies, white bread (which turned out a little flat), pizza dough (so much better than frozen) and oatmeal cookies. I've realized that it's not doing anything I can't do, but, really, I don't have the forearm strength to knead dough or cream butter and sugar well. Therefore I am happy to have this stand mixer.

Xander likes it too. And Josie, she makes me pick her up to watch.


Now the big question is what to pick for the rebate. The current rebate is to get an extra bowl, a food grinder attachment or a shredder/slicer attachment. I'm thinking the extra bowl would be good for when I make and frost a cake. But then I think of the fun I'd have slicing and shredding vegetables. And then I think of how I don't feel like grinding food, so I'm striking that from the list. Should I get the bowl or slicer/shredder?

2 comments:

Ikkin said...

I love it! It's such a happy color! And you are totally right that it doesn't do anything you couldn't do on your own, but oh my does it make it easier. If it was me, I'd vote for the extra bowl, because I was annoyed last Christmas when I kept having to wash the bowl between various cookie batches. However, I also don't make vegetables at home, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to vote.

Hugs said...

I think I will be getting the bowl!