Friday, October 22, 2010

It's here, it's here!

Some of you may recall that back in July I had The Challenge. Brief refresher - do all of my chores in July and I could get a fancy stand mixer. And, if you couldn't guess by the lack of follow up, the result was Challenge Fail. I blame it on Chris being gone for a week in July and going on vacation for a week in July. I really didn't take that into account when I thought of the whole thing. Hey, I did get more of the house cleaned than usual, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

In August it occurred to me that my birthday was coming up in September, so I started dropping subtle hints to Chris. Like when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday I would say "A KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer in Tangerine." Yeah, he didn't get the hint.

So after my birthday I asked if we could use his hotel reward points to get the mixer. It didn't come in the color that I wanted, but it would still be free. Much like the Dyson vacuum cleaner I received last year using his hotel reward points. Darn, I miss that vacuum.

Anyway, there were not enough points to get the stand mixer. Argh! But there were enough to get a gift card. And there were enough credit card reward points to cover the rest of the cost. So can you guess what I ordered and arrived earlier this week? Did you guess a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer in Tangerine? Because, believe me, Majestic Yellow and Green Apple also caught my eye.

Ok, I did get the Tangerine! I'd post a picture, but I figure that would move me from the 'slightly obsessed' side of the line to 'completely lost it' side.

I broke it in earlier with a batch of peanut butter cookies. Some bread and pizza crust will follow this weekend. I will probably take pictures of those.

1 comment:

Ikkin said...

Not for nothing, but I do in fact want a picture! I am so excited for you!!