Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Turning 30

My birthday was on Sunday. I didn't dread turning 30. But it was important for me to celebrate it. Because when I turned 29, we had just spent the first night home with X. So that birthday was a little overshadowed and hormonal. When I turned 28, I was in the middle of the misery and suffering of a horrible job. 27 was pretty good though.

So Chris came home from his most recent work trip early for Xander's birthday on Thursday. And we all went to the county fair on Friday. And Saturday was the big birthday party! Wow, so many people came. Chris and I both felt bad because there were so many people who came from out of town and we didn't get to talk with them as much as we'd like to.

I did make my own cake again. I am so out of practice. I forgot to brush off the cake crumbs and the crumbs mixed into the icing. I used pre-made sugar flowers on it, so that saved time. It tasted awesome though.

On Sunday we went on a family outing and ended up getting new cell phones and updating our plans to have unlimited texts. So now I have speakerphone and cameraphone and can assign pics to phone numbers so your face shows up when you call. I feel like I could be a super hero now.

And my brother Mark surprised me by showing up on Sunday. As great as the party was, it's fun when things actually happen on my birthday. He bought Xander Mega Blocks, like large Legos. But I'll probably be the one playing with them. And Xander will destroy whatever I create.

One last note about 30. I saw at the store a magazine with the cover advertising something like "Happy and Sexy at 20, 30 and 40" and my reaction was "Wow, I have to turn to an entirely different page to be happy and sexy now."

1 comment:

chicks514 said...

You mean I don't turn those pages for you??