Monday, March 17, 2008

I've gone tote mad

So since the only thing I know how to sew is totes, I'm practicing by making them for my friends. So here is Ikkin's. It's like the one I originally made, but different material than mine. I really liked the lining because (and you can't really see it in the pic) it is cream with shiny cream dots on it, which nicely complements the olive bag with shiny metal circles sewn on it.

And here's the one I made for Sarah. It's a different pattern that I did all by myself (yeah me) and is totally cute. It has a pocket on the outside on both the front and the back. I also adapted the pattern to make the bag taller.


Chris has done a good job of acting impressed with each one (I have one more done, but no pics until I can give it to the recipient) and thinks I should make some to sell. I think a little more practice is in order first to make sure I can do things like line up the seams.

Overall I think I like sewing a little better than knitting, but I'm not giving up on the knitting :)

No comments: