Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekend stuff

At the end of the last baby blog, Chris made a comment about my Scrabble skills so I had to demand a rematch. Chris and I are way too competitive, especially at Scrabble. It's probably a good thing that we've never played Scrabble on game nights with other people there to witness us taking ten minutes to consider the score vs. giving-the-other-person-a-setup aspect of every word possible. Anyway, I reached my all time high score of 400 last night so I was strutting a little.

Friday night my little brother and his girlfriend came over and hung out. We tried the new ice cream place in town which wasn't bad. We also played Euchre, and it turns out his girlfriend is also highly competitive. So that turned into an entertaining evening.

Saturday we visited my parents since Thursday was my Mom's 50th birthday. For those that don't remember, Chris and I attempted to usurp August 2nd from my mom by getting married that day. We hung out and visited my grandparents. Both of my grandmothers think I am not that big, which scares me that I might get oh so much bigger. My mom tried to reassure me that they didn't have air conditioning when they were pregnant, so they'd gain more water weight. My dad had stopped at the farmers market and bought my favorite cake, chocolate with carmel (penuche) icing and we got to take a big chunk of it home. They keep getting me cake like that and I will get huge!

No comments: