Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Current Score

Last week I took my fancy new car title to the BMV to update my plates for my fancy new car. Apparently it's now a one stop convenience place. I was able to:

1) Update my plates for my new car, as planned.
2) Get new registration for my car, since my birthday is next month.
3) Get a new drivers license, since my old one expires on my birthday next month. (my previous post about how it already expired was severe case of pregnancy brain)
4) Register to vote.

Ok, so that's all stuff you should be able to do there. But I just thought it was nice that they asked if I wanted to do numbers 2, 3 and 4, because some people wouldn't even mention it. Also, no social security number on the new license which means I will always be getting in trouble because I will never remember to bring my social security card with me when I need it (like at the BMV). Also I take surprisingly good license photos if I do say so. I don't even look pregnant and my hair is all shiny.

------

I took Min to the vet today for her shots. She doesn't mind the cat carrier but had this completely pitiful meow the entire time the car was in motion. I figured it's good practice for when Peanut is here and just ignored it and turned the volume on the book on CD. Does that make me a bad mom already?

-----

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm making my own cakes for the baby shower. Yes, plural because my hungry husband demands cake. He said he fully intends on helping to drop them off and taking a piece before he leaves. So don't be surprised if any pictures I post have a chunk of cake missing. But, just to entice everyone, edible glitter will be involved!

-----

For those of you keeping score at home:
- in one month I will be 29
- in two months I will be a mother and responsible for not screwing up a new life
No pressure on either account.

-----

Name that movie! I had a couple of screen shots to choose from and picked the harder one this time. I saw the library has this and was extremely tempted to rent it. But the school project isn't done yet so it will have to wait.

3 comments:

chicks514 said...

Relax woman, every parent screws up their kid to some extent. Let's just hope we don't screw up Peanut too bad. I'm shooting for a teenage angst that will last only 6 months!

Rob said...

Has anyone guessed that movie yet? I don't really know it, but here's my guess and why: Flash Gordon, because for some reason I think that guy in the pic is Ming the Merciless. I'm wrong, aren't I?

Hugs said...

Yeah, that's not right. Thanks for guessing though! I was wondering if I made it too hard or if no one was reading!

I'll put up a second picture for people to guess later today