Tuesday, August 14, 2007

School days

So August means getting ready for the new school year to begin. As a teacher I would have begun my Countdown of Doom to when school starts (how many weekends do I have left?) but not this year! So instead of counting down, I'm watching commercials and missing the opportunities to buy new supplies and thinking about what a waste it is that I can't have students do the population growth simulation with Skittles.

However, it has been a long term project for me to clean up and organize and weed out all of my teacher things. This includes, but is not limited to, notes from four different subjects (six if you count Basic Algebra and Honors Algebra 2 separate from Algebra and Algebra 2), teacher information, office supplies, class supplies and books. When we moved I had roughly 14 boxes, I think.

Since my sister has her first full time teaching gig this year, I invited her to visit and borrow what she would like. That took 4 boxes.

I got out all of my notes and tests and have the two big subjects organized. I also emptied a multitude of file folders and now have one box of empty binders. And yes, I do have issues with parting with empty binders because I Might Need Them.

So I think I'm down to six boxes. *sigh* Chris has kindly asked that I have this project down by the baby shower because he thinks I'll be too fat and lazy after that. Ok, he didn't SAY fat and lazy, but he implied it! And really, I've been only been working on it since last summer.

Instead of coming home from tutoring and diving right in, I ate and found this clip for you. It's from 'How I Met Your Mother' and I was honestly roaring with laughter when I saw it on tv. To set the scene for you, they are discussing losing their virginity because the one girl's younger sister wants to do it.

No comments: