Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Fixer Upper

I keep meaning to post things about the house we are staying in. I plan on doing a nice post about the plants that bloom around here. We saw tulips coming up in a neighborhood lawn while out walking this weekend. Tulips, in January! It blows my mind! I'm used to tulips in March and April and worrying about them when they get an inch of snow covering them. Not here though.

However, things aren't looking all that peachy at our place right now. I could show lots of pictures and rant on and on about things that need fixed or that we would change. Then I remind myself that it's not my house and it is perfectly suitable for living in.

However, when you come home to overgrown bushes and mud every day, it can be a downer.

Funny, the owner did trim these bushes yesterday. I don't know for sure what prompted it but I do know that trimmed off chunks of bush are lying in a long pile out there now. I am confident that they will be there for days to come.

I think I've finally broken Josie of the habit of running through the mud, getting in the car and then smearing her shoe all over the car door.

Ah, but better than coming home to overgrown landscaping is coming home to a water heater next to the driveway!

It's not lawn art, I checked. I left a subtle hint that we'd like it gone in the owner's mail. It's a flyer advertising free pick up of large items this week. I highlighted the date and where it listed water heater. See, I told you it was subtle.

We've told everyone about the compost pile in the back yard.

Nothing to fence it in, just grass and leaves added to it every other week. And children trying to climb into it. And the ant trail leading to it. Squirrels digging into it. Nowhere for it to get used.

The best part of the pile is the plywood and wires thrown into one end of it. Totally biodegradable!

I can only hope that the trimmed bushes get added to the compost pile.

No comments: