Saturday, March 28, 2009

It smells vaguely of roses

In preparation for attending the Columbus Crew games that I have tickets for, I wanted to knit a scarf. Nothing fancy, just black and gold stripes. But by the time I got around to it I realized I wouldn't finish a long scarf. So I figured I'd whip out a hat. I used the same pattern that I used to make a hat for Chris, just different yarn. What a difference that makes!


Chris's hat is a beanie. This hat is definitely not. When I finished it last night, I had a faint hope that if I blocked it (soaked it, shaped it and let it dry) it might work. But the only way to lay it only accentuated the problem.


So I'll be wearing a beret to the games. And eventually a scarf. And very possibly I'll add a pom-pom to the beret, because I feel I should make it as funny looking as possible.

Have I mentioned that I'm not really a beret person?

No comments: