Monday, January 26, 2009

Twitch, twitch

I know my life isn't exactly a stressful thing, especially compared to some of the active lives of my friends and family. But I've managed to develop an eye twitch today. My right eyelid just keeps sliding a little bit to the left and right. You don't see it unless you are looking for it, or you're trying to look out of said eye.

The big thing right now is that my teaching license expires this summer and I need to renew it. So here are the issues:

1) What is required for me to renew the license? I originally had a teaching certificate and when I renewed it I received a license. I think I just need 6 hours of classes, but one place on the website said something about a master's degree. When I emailed the Department of Ed asking this, they sent me a copy and paste of the website instead of a yes/no to if I was correct on only needing 6 hours.

2) Where do I get the six hours of classes? I can't really go to a classroom, since Xander isn't old enough to be left alone. So I was looking at online classes and some classes sent on DVD.

3) How do I pay for the classes? Holy smokes, my last school spoiled me rotten and paid for/reimbursed/had special deals for classes. Classes are freakin' expensive! And after that, the actual license renewal is still pretty pricey.

I was going to do a web class but they wouldn't give me any price info without me turning over my first born. And Xander is still kind of cute, so that didn't work. My neighbor is going through the same thing and decided to do a correspondence course. So it looks like I will sign up with her.

To add to the fun, the first Craft Night is a week and a half away! I have to get ready for that!

And Xander is testing his boundaries by trying to play with CDs and sitting on the filing cabinents!

And I'm pregnant and tired!

And the twitch is becoming like a personal strobe light for my right eye!

No comments: