Monday, January 12, 2009

Starting something

As you may have noticed on my blog, I do enjoy my crafts. Some of you may remember that I taught people how to make rosaries out of knots last summer. One of those ladies came to me and asked about setting up a craft night through the women's group at church.

So here I am in the New Year, challenging myself by trying to organize this big activity from scratch with the lady who is also a big crafter. We have to decide on when (once a month, but being more specific is hard), where, what, who, etc.

Right now we are going to spend a couple of months on the rosaries. Several people who were at my 'lesson' last time mentioned that they still haven't finished their first one. So I figure if we meet three times, people can relearn (or learn for the first time) and will have times to come back with questions or to make more.

Then we'll move on to teaching knitting and making rectangles to be sewn into blankets. My cohort even hopes to move onto hats at some point.

All of these crafts would be for charity, so we'd have to pick which charities to donate to. The big problem then would be how to afford the supplies. I'm saying this in the vast optimism that the craft night will be a success, we may have two people that show up and then we sit and stare at each other.

So if anyone has advice, I'm all ears.

No comments: