Monday, January 05, 2009

A Month Later...

I want to apologize for not updating my blog, but really it's Xander's fault. Every time I'm on the computer, he comes over and a) tries to play with the CDs, b) tries to climb onto my lap and play with the keyboard or c) causes some other havoc.

Chris doesn't have this problem. He spent may hours the past two days on the computer without Xander causing problems. It's because I don't have the loud, scary "No!" voice.

I've managed to get quite a few crafts done over the holidays. Unfortunately, I have no pictures. So use your imagination peoples.

I knitted mittens for Xander, they are a nice, bright yellow to complement his blue and yellow coat. I even made a little cord to connect the mittens and run through his coat. The first time I made the cord too long and he'd walk around with his mittens dragging on the ground, so I fixed that. Now the mittens are getting holes because Xander figured out that to take off the mittens he just has to bite them and pull. I am working on his hat now.

I made my sister a pair of pajama (lounge) pants for part of her Christmas present. I bought a flannel that was plue with purple moons and pink stars. When I arrived home I realized that it was actually a little annoying to look at, but I didn't see anything I like better at the store. My sister asked them to be made long, and she's tall to begin with, so I added like four inches to the length. They turned out pretty well and I even added a little tag so she'd know which side was the back. Well, when she tried them on they were so long that her feet were totally covered. People laughed at me, but she said she liked it (or she was trying to make me feel better).

I also made curtains for our redone master bathroom. I used a sheer, white material and directions from a book. Pretty straight forward, just a lot of material and pinning and ironing. But when I hung them up, one panel is crooked and the other is flat out shorter. When I get up the energy to rip out the seams, I will fix it. So, Ikkin, it's up to you if you'd still like me to hem your curtains.

Aaaaaand, Xander is now acting up. Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my pants! They are not too long. I would even go as far as to say they are perfect. :)