Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You think you know someone

I've known my handsome husband for over seven years now, been married for four of those years. So it's always surprising when I learn something new or there is a big miscommunication. A couple of weeks ago we bought a couple of pumpkins. They were set by our front door next to the mums.

Amanda's thoughts on pumpkins: Obviously pumpkins are nice decoration, but they are meant to be carved and used as Halloween decorations.

Chris's thoughts on pumpkins: Obviously pumpkins are nice decoration, they can sit there from now all the way through Thanksgiving.

When we realized we had totally different thoughts on what to do with the pumpkins, we bickered and mocked and finally decided to get more pumpkins to carve. Chris had never carved a pumpkin before! I don't think I have either, I would draw the face I wanted on it and my Dad would carve it. The local nursery was having a sale - all you can carry for $10. We think the sales ladies were a little disappointed that Chris only picked up three.

Ukie and Dandy visited, so they each got a pumpkin, Chris and I each got a pumpkin, and of course the pumpkin diva made a return, so all of the pumpkins were used.

No comments: