Saturday, September 22, 2007

Forever 28!

For those who don't yet know, on Tuesday I gave birth to Alexander Robert. For the full story check out our Ringing in the New Year blog.

Friday was to be my 29th birthday. We came home from the hospital on Thursday and I barely had any sleep that night. So life is pretty topsy turvy. Still, I'd hoped to be showered with love and attention on my birthday. Ok, just some well wished "Happy Birthday!"s would have been fine. But most people forgot because it is all about the Xander love right now. And quite frankly I was not up to even going out to dinner or having a party or anything.

But that's ok. I'm not writing this to cause guilt or because I'm angry. I'm writing this because that means I never turned 29 and will be 28 forever. Boy will that get awkward for Xander when he turns 28 and three days later I'm still 28.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, or what was supposed to be your birthday but now is just the anniversary of your 28th birthday. Wishes of happiness, regardless.

Yes, you quickly go from fabulous creature of mystery and admiration to baby's personal throne which warrents little more than a passing glance. It's a long hard fall. But we still love ya. Really.