Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sorry I've been gone

I've been pretty busy with two jobs and some other stuff (more about that tomorrow).

Friday night was game night. It didn't have a great turnout, but the few of us here had a great time. We played Scattergories this time, which I love. It was particularly fun during the first round because we overly explained the rules to Ukie, but is was Chicks who didn't understand them. Scattergories was one of my favorite games as a kid, so I loved playing and eeked out a win. We only played for a while and then sat around chatting. Also, the Donato's veggie pizza (due to Lent) was a huge hit. Everyone who ate it raved about it. Obviously, I neither ate it nor raved about it.

Saturday was chore day, but of course I didn't get as much as I wanted done. Sometimes I get annoyed and want to clean. Most of the time I just get annoyed that I need to clean. It was finally warm enough to get the grill out and cook some pork chops. Then we headed out to Ikkin's birthday party. It was at Gameworks, which I knew about but hadn't been to. It's all sorts of games, from shooting to racing to skee ball, plus food and drinks. It was hugely crowded at first, but after 10 pm it became 18 and up. There was a point that Chicks heard some kids point me out as a teacher, so I know I'll hear about that on Monday at school. But a good time was had by all.

Today my parents visited and we took a second look at a house we liked. We still like it, but thanks to Mom and Dad and the real estate agent, we did find some areas of concern that need to be addressed. Well, Mom's concern was the lurid yellow paint and green carpet in the bedrooms. Every room had some green and it drove her nuts, but apparently the yellow and green combo was the worst. So we'll let you know what happens with the house. Afterwards they took us to Graeter's for ice cream! Chris and I shared a Killer Cardinal sundae (chocolate ice cream with strawberries) which was suprisingly good.

I'm off to grade papers and make my lesson plans. I am seriously behind for some reason and it won't help that I have to help proctor the OGT this week. Ah, well.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Just remember, if the price is right, walls can be painted and carpets ripped out. Look at our house... no, wait, probably better if you don't...

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for coming Saturday-and for my birthday present! Best Present Ever! Hope you guys had fun!