Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where no returned mail gets lost

While sending out Christmas cards this year, I realized that we were out of return address labels. The reason is probably because I didn't donate to the causes that sent me return address labels.

And by the way, let me say that I always have guilt when I use return address labels sent by causes that I didn't donate to. But it's such a waste to throw the labels away. But the labels were sent in good faith that I would donate. It's a conundrum. And half of it is Chris's fault because half of the labels are actually his.

Back to the story. We received a couple of Christmas cards that had these awesome stamps used for return addresses. One was a little bird silhouette with the address going around it, the other a letter with some decoration and the address going around. I immediately thought "I want!"

So I tried to find some on the internet, which was more difficult than I first thought it would be. The ones I found were ok but expensive, especially since I wanted a self-inking stamp (the better for Xander to stamp our address on all of the walls).

Then I remembered Etsy! If you like shopping, don't go to the link! Aw heck, I just lost three of my four readers. Ok, for the one person still reading, I found a plethora of stamps there and decided on this one:
Stamp

I'll let you know how it turns out. If it turns out really well, I'll send you a blank envelope with a fancy return address.

1 comment:

Dandysue said...

Okay.
I love that! When I finally get to move I totally want one! I will have to remember that for a totally cute gift idea too!