Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cut it out

Just before Easter I had the strange urge to buy Easter cookie cutters. I've never before made sugar cookies and cut them out and it's been awhile since I've baked and decorated anything, so I figured it was time. Then Easter snuck up and I saw pre-rolled sugar cookies and figured what the heck. Then Easter passed and I never made my Easter cookies. They would have been darned cute too.

So I had the cookie dough sitting in the fridge and finally managed to use it. Instead of the Easter cookie cutters, I used the train cookie cutters we received from my mother-in-law. And I made buttercream icing and decorated them myself. Unfortunately, it was a day that was hot and I became tired of standing and decorating pretty quickly. It soon became 'wheel, wheel, window, done'. But they taste good and look pretty and that's what counts, right?


On Easter, my mom gave me Hello, Cupcake! and we sat around looking at all of the possibilities. And I don't think I'll have the time to make many of them soon, but there are lots of great ideas and none of them include fondant, which I have no idea how to use.

No comments: