Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WiPs

(That's Work in Progress)

In the sewing realm, we know 4 couples that gave birth or will give birth soon so I made a big bunch of burp cloths for everyone! I tried to personalize them a little, one neighbor has a pirate theme, my cousin has pink, yellow, purple, and the others I wasn't sure about and I used the print you see here.

My Renew group at church decided to put together a 'care' package for the priests at church. I decided my contribution would be a couple of the bags I've made. I know I was going to sell them, but with a regular teaching job I don't have as much time to make them as I had planned.


Knitting wise, I'm working hard on Xander's booties. My mom gave me a kit to make that is for advanced beginners. Yeah, sure. I've gotten most of it, and I'll try felting for the first time. But I can't for the life of me figure out the laces that go up the front when they are done.


Here is what they are supposed to look like when done (except tan and green).

And finally, here is Chris's sweater. I've started it over 4 times. The first three because I couldn't figure out something or just really messed up something. The last time was to increase the size. Seriously, it looks like a sleeve for Chris, but it's supposed to be XL! So it might end up for me, or Xander when I eventually finish it. On the plus side, I'm really getting the hang of cables.

Next up, I need to knit X a pair of mittens and a hat to match his winter coat. And Chris volunteered me to make a hat and mittens for his coworker that complimented the hat I made him last year.

No comments: