Monday, April 14, 2008

Back in the slow lane

I'm not a big runner, but my studly husband and I had a routine of going to the park on Saturday mornings for a run. That came to a screeching halt last January after a certain test came up positive. I know it's not bad to run while pregnant, but my first case of morning sickness came after one of those runs.

So I finally caved and bought a fancy pants Enell sports bra since I found some recommendations for it (I did NOT know Oprah endorsed it until I went to the store). Saturday morning Chris and I got up to go on his neighborhood run with Xander in the fancy pants jogging stroller. I politely asked Chris to go on ahead with Xander. I figured it would be better to run by myself for this first outing.

I was slow, I hurt and my lungs felt like little balloons expanding too much but I ran! According to MapMyRun.com I made it 1.5 miles. Since I didn't think I'd make it further than the end of the block, I am rather impressed with myself.

Hmm, other news. I'm knitting Chris a birthday present. I don't have any more totes to make, but have some material left to make myself another for library books. I made Waikiki Meatballs last week and they were awesome. I made burritos last night and Chris loved them. The ducks from the neighborhood pond are hanging out in our area a lot so I'm guessing they will be nesting soon.

Oh, and we woke up to find a German Shepard in the neighbor's yard. They have two dogs and this was not one of them. We were very confused and thought maybe the dog somehow jumped into their yard. I hope I wasn't too desperate-housewife, but I called one of the neighbors at work to let him know it was there. He actually found the dog this morning wandering around without a collar. So he already called around to local authorities and let them know he had the dog. He was very apologetic about the yipping the shepard was making, I just reiterated I was just concerned.

And finally, here is a video clip for you to guess. Of course at the end there are alternative videos and it tells you what show it is from, so that sucks the fun out of it. But does it ever make me smile!

No comments: