Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions Revisited

Let's check in on how I did on my resolutions last year. This is the list I printed on my blog last year.

1) Learn to sew - I want to say 'yes, done!' but this is more of 'well, I learned to use the sewing machine, does that count?' I'm hoping to take a class at Joann's fabric to make a tote bag and learn a few more basic skills.

2) Learn to knit - yes, done! I learned the basics at a class last February and did a few small projects over the year. I used birthday money to buy Stitch 'N Bitch and spent the holiday really working on different types of stitches. I also blew my Christmas money at Joann's and bought supplies for several scarves.

3) I forget.... - and I still don't remember

4) Write things down so I don't forget - which I think I am better at. However I am not consistent about where I put my list, so that isn't always helpful. I did create my CFO Duties list, so I can keep track of when I last did chores. I'll swear I dusted last week and then check the list and realize it's been three weeks. That explains the half inch of dust that has accumulated.

5) The usual jazz about eating better and exercising - I eat vegetables nearly every freakin' day now. I haven't run since I found I was pregnant (and it was winter and I didn't want to slip and fall). So that one is a toss up.

6) Read more non-fiction - with all of the pregnancy and baby books I have read I can proudly say Done.

I'm still thinking of what I'll do for 2008. I know it will include weight loss. I was trying to think of something fun and unique like 'get a video of myself of youtube that becomes viral' but most of those are embarrassing videos so I'll skip that. I'll let you know next blog.

Happy New Year!

No comments: