Friday, July 11, 2014

Head Above Water

I stopped writing here for a number of reasons. I felt like I didn't have anything to contribute. I was busy. I was writing in my own journal. I was super busy. I was sick. Then I became more busy.

Since May I have been trying desperately to just keep up. Let's see, there was:

Kids soccer three days a week
Finish teaching the school year
Train and run a quarter marathon
Plan and organize a summer math camp
Teach the summer math camp
Manage the kids and house while C traveled for three weeks
Take two online classes worth six semester hours
Meetings for Vacation Bible School
Organize Vacation Bible School registration and paperwork
Make the printouts for saint buttons for Vacation Bible School
Try not to let the nausea, indigestion and random pains from gallstones ruin my (and the kids') day

All of the above is done. Yet to finish:
Finish the paperwork for Vacation Bible School
Decorate for Vacation Bible School
Have surgery to remove that darned gallbladder

That will be done in the next few days! Then I can:
Recover from surgery
Get the transcript from the classes
Get my teaching license renewed
Organize the saint peg doll painting and exchange
Begin getting ready to teach a new class (7th grade math) this fall

I think it doesn't end. But this summer has been really, really hard so far. I'm looking forward to Monday because several of the big items will be done and I can relax. A little.


1 comment:

http://jessicamcneil.co.uk said...

Wow! It feels like you extremely need some rest! You have a lot of work to do, however, in my opinion, there should be something in your life that brings you joy and relief while you are doing it. For example, you can write for this blog when you feel that your are too overloaded with work. As for me it helps.