Thursday, December 13, 2007

No vampires here

Yesterday I tried a new recipe called Black Bean Soup with Sausage. It was ok, Chris really liked it. I did miss the last part of step one that says 'Drain and rinse beans' so the soup was watery and looked black. What can I say, I rarely cook with dry beans. And since it need so much garlic, the kitchen reeks of it today. I like garlic, but it's a bit much to handle.

There isn't much excitement around here at the moment. Christmas decorations are up, including lights out front and cards ready to be dropped in the mail. I plan on doing some shopping tomorrow, I'm just debating which mall to head to.

I did forget to post that we had another successful Game Night last weekend. Dandy brought SceneIt (the regular movie edition) and the girls team conquered. And I have to say Dandy is a wiz at translating pictures into names. The guys won at Cranium. I would say they won because we were rolling the dice at the wrong time, but that would make me sound like a sore loser.

Not a screen cap (I couldn't find one for this movie) but here is a toy based on a character from the movie. Can you name it??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No friggin clue. But that doesn't look like a movie that I would have watched as a kid, or even now. Yikes, that guy needs to go on some happy pills!

Mandy

Hugs said...

It's along the same line as Labyrinth I think. It's a fantasy movie with Tom Cruise called 'Legend'. All I remember about it is the scary guy and a pretty, pretty unicorn.

Rob said...

Oh, c'mon, if I had been paying attention to blogs I SO would have gotten this one. This movie started showing on one of our cable stations constantly when I was in about 7th or 8th grade I think. The female lead "Lily" was played by the girl who played Ferris Bueller's girlfriend.

I didn't quite "get" this movie the first couple of times around. I mean, I got the ideas, but it was hard for me to keep track of where everything was taking place. But it was still a decent movie, from a kid's perspective. And it had realistic-looking unicorns, so that's something. I remember quoting this movie frequently, especially, "Higher higher burning fire, making music like a choir."