Friday, May 04, 2007

Flurry of information

Today I will begin by discussing my tv shows.

RIP Gilmore Girls. I found out today that the last episode will be on May 15. I just really enjoy this show and would love to live in Stars Hollow. I can't put my finger on exactly why. And Chris would cause me serious bodily harm before he lets that happen. There will be parties and sadness on May 15.

I don't know if any of you watch Heroes, no one seems to besides myself. But I watched Monday's episode online and was so shocked and awed I nearly cursed at the screen twice. And anyone who knows me knows that is saying something. Possible future time line? Peter kicking butt? Sylar?!?!?

So while my Girls will leave me, I will at least continue to get my super hero fix next fall. After of course the bomb goes off and they leave a huge cliffhanger that will make me swear like a sailor and lay awake at night wondering how to get Chris to name our kid Milo.

In other news, D is a female. I asked. Not her. One of the bosses. While we were alone. And apparently the bosses have to correct the kids. Often.

More news, guess what I found out today. That my license expired on my birthday of 2007. I am such a rebel driving around with an expired license. Even if I was unaware of this transgression, I'm still a rebel right? Of course tonight I will lay awake wondering if they'll make me retake the written test since I've let my license lapse for so long.

5 comments:

Rob said...

I don't watch Heroes, but the thing I didn't like about what's implied in the commercials (that whole future timeline thing) is that it sounds an awful lot like the "Days of Future Past" storyline from the X-Men back in the mid-1980's. Sure, most viewers of Heroes weren't even born then, but it still looks like a rip-off to me.

Hugs said...

A lot of fanboys are referring to it as that too. While many parallels can be drawn between X-Men and Heroes I feel like Heroes is standing on its own legs. They aren't a crime fighting team like X-men. And I think the future episode did naturally fit in with the character being a space/time traveler.

I can see that if you don't watch it how it seems like a ripoff though. :)

Did you see Spidey 3 yet?

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to watch Heroes, but never have. The promos looked so good even at the beginning when they showed the cheerleader jump off the crane. I'm thinking this summer I could rent the past season and get caught up, I love that, no wait between episodes!

My impression was that it was a total rip-off of 4400. The most fantastic show I could imagine. If you need a distraction from your fantasies about Heroes this summer, watch that!

Thanks for the update on D, I really wondered! Although at first I didn't remember what D was and I thought you were telling us about Peanut, I got all worked up!! Ditz, I know.

Mandy

Mandy

Rob said...

Have I seen Spidey 3 yet? Honestly the last movie I saw in a theatre was BEFORE Katie was born. Until we move and have new jobs and better babysitting options, I don't plan on seeing the inside of a theatre.

We had a nice chuckle opening day when we drove past a group of kids walking to the theatre and one (a girl) was dressed up in a cheap Spidey costume. Ah, fans.

Julie said...

Oh I'm so sad about the end of GG. I've watched since Season 1 and, while I missed a lot of episodes the last 2 years for obvious reasons, I still count this as one of my few "appointment" tv shows. Curses on a rare good show for bailing on us.

And I'm guessing you meant your birthdate of 2006. Otherwise you have some of your own future-traveling stress going on here. ;)